Our Non-Profit Partners Program
Giving back to the community is essential to performing our mission and living our values. Each year Meier Law Firm supports a selection of non-profit organizations to advance their missions, achieve their visions, and ultimately make a positive impact in our community and our world. Like previous years, our 2023 Non-Profit Partners are a unique group of organizations with missions serving a diverse range of purposes and individuals.
2023 Non-Profit Partners
Please click the nonprofit logos above to visit the organizations’ websites and learn how to join Meier Law Firm in supporting their missions and programs.
Consciously Giving Back
We believe in supporting organizations in meaningful ways through a combination of donations, sponsorships, and action. In addition to the support we provide to organizations through our Non-Profit Partners program, we are proud to have contributed to many causes in New York’s Capital Region and beyond.
Previous Non-Profit Partners
Our team is engaged and supportive of a variety of organizations through actions. Each year, Meier Law Firm provides team members with opportunities to volunteer during their workday, with pay, to give back to the community. Here are some examples of how our team has volunteered over the years:
- Providing woman-focused leadership programming through the Capital Region Chamber Women’s Business Council
- Serving on the Colonie Senior Service Centers, Inc. Board of Directors to advance its mission to provide comprehensive services to seniors and their families to ensure their physical, emotional, and financial stability and wellbeing
- Serving on the YWCA of the Greater Capital Region Board of Directors to advance its mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all
- Connecting young professionals to non-profit organizations in the Capital Region through the Capital Region Young Professional’s Network
- Shaping the future of attorney careers by serving on the Albany County Bar Association’s Racial Justice Committee, the NYS Bar Association’s Task Force on Attorney Wellbeing, NYS Bar Association, and as a Fellow of the New York Bar Foundation.
- Supporting young people in building leadership skills through the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Organization
- Offering services through a free-of-charge clinic presented by The Legal Project
- Participating in Mock Trial Competitions through the University at Albany to support the future of the legal profession
- Presenting free webinars for new and existing entrepreneurs with the Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region to serve as a resource for local businesses
- Spearheading food drives for the South End Children’s Cafe to address food insecurity in Albany County
Sponsorships enable our team to support various causes in a way that allows for continued and enhanced stewardship and increased awareness of organizations’ missions, visions, and programming. We are proud to have sponsored:
- Safe, Inc. of Schenectady
- YWCA of the Greater Capital Region
- Colonie Senior Service Centers, Inc.
- United Way of the Greater Capital Region
- Habitat for Humanity of Schenectady County
- American Heart Association
- Mission Accomplished Transition Services
- Capital District Women’s Employment Resource Center (WERC)
- Capital Region Women of Color
- Girl’s Inc. of the Greater Capital Region
- WAMC Northeast Public Radio